4 large Russet potatoes
3 tablespoons oil (olive oil, grapeseed, avocado or
1 tablespoon salt
½ cup mayo
1 tablespoon ketchup
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon Worstershire sauce
8 ounces extra sharp cheddar cheese or a mix of cheddar and
pepper Jack , grated on large holes of a box grater
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
2 teaspoons Franks Red Hot or other hot sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Wash potatoes leaving skin on (or peel if you prefer). Then carefully cut potatoes into strips to resemble fries.
3. Soak potato strips in a medium bowl with cold water for 30 minutes or longer.
4. Drain and let the fries dry. If you leave them partially wet they will steam in the oven instead of crisping up.
5. Toss fries with oil and season with salt.
6. Bake for 20 minutes and then turn heat up to 425° and bake until the fries are golden, about 20-25 minutes more.
7. DIPS: QUIQUE SAUCE: Mix all ingredients in a small bowl until well combined.
8. CHEESE DIP: Add cheese and cornstarch in a medium bowl. Mix with spoon to combine then pour mixture into a medium saucepan.
9. Add 1 cup of evaporated milk and hot sauce (optional). Cook over low heat, stirring constantly with small whisk until cheese has
completely melted and is bubbling (about 5 minutes). If the sauce is too thick, add a little more evaporated milk.
10. Serve immediately.