Lobster Mushroom Fettuccini Alfredo
I recently found these unique mushrooms at my mushroom lady's stand at the farmers Market. They are called Lobster Mushrooms and according to her they smell and taste just like lobster. The smell yes...but did they test like lobster and could they replace lobster in a dish? I found out that they could potentially substitute but the flavor would be extremely delicate. So in this dish I did add some real lobster, but just one lobster for 5 servings. The mushrooms were the star.
1 lobster cooked, meat removed and coarsely chopped
1 pound of lobster mushrooms, stem bottoms cut off, and mushrooms chopped into thick slices
1 shallot or small onion chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup turkey bone broth or chicken bone broth
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup crated parmesan cheese
2 tbsp chopped parsley
salt and pepper
2 cups 00 flour
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
1. Place flour, eggs, olive oil, salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse and blend until combined. If dough is grainy and not coming together add a little bit of cold water until it comes together.
2. On a clean surface, sprinkle some flour and knead the dough for about 3-4 minutes until dough is smooth and uniform. Wrap in plastic wrap or place in a glass bowl with a damp cloth over it and let it rest for 20+ minutes.
1. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in deep pan. Add garlic and onions. Cook until translucent.
2. Add mushrooms and cook until they have softened.
3. Mix wine and broth in a cup and add to mushrooms
4.Cook until liquid has reduced by half.
5. Add lobster and heat through.
6. Add cream and turn heat on to low/medium. Cook for about 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and stir in parmesan cheese.
Cook pasta until al dente, toss with sauce. Sprinkle parsley and remaining olive oil.