A long time ago I was engaged to a handsome Italian who's Mama made sure he knew how to cook. By far his best dish was the simplest. In 30 minutes he would whip up the most glorious bowl of pasta. Though our relationship didn't last, that recipe has been with me forever. During our Covid 19 lockdown, it has been a Godsend! I highly recommend it. And, it reheats beautifully.
half a box of spaghetti or if you are feeling sassy, make some fresh pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves of garlic sliced
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 teaspoon oregano
1 can tuna fish
2 tablespoons capers
A bunch of fresh parsley
Salt and Pepper
1. In a sauté pan heat your olive oil under medium heat and throw in your garlic.
2. Once the oil is infused with the garlic (don't let them brown, they will get bitter), add the can of tomatoes and stir to incorporate.
3. Sprinkle in the oregano and capers. Stir and bring sauce to a simmer.
4. Simmer for about 15 minutes and then add the tuna fish. Breakdown any big chunks and make sure all the tuna is coated with the sauce.
5. Cook for an additional 15 minutes, add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Boil your pasta until done al dente.
7. Drain your pasta and toss in with the sauce. Turn the pasta over and over with the sauce so all the ingredients get combined.
8. Finally add your chopped parsley and give it one last toss. Serve immediately.