1 1/3 cup (160g) hazelnuts
1 3/4 cup (400g) whole milk
7/8 cup (60g) powdered whole milk
3 tablespoons (40g) mild-flavored honey
pinch of salt
6 ounces (170g) semisweet chocolate, chopped
5 ounces (140g) milk chocolate
11 ounces (230g) white chocolate chips
1. Spread the nuts on a baking sheet, toast the nuts in a 350ºF oven, stirring a few times, for 10 to 15 minutes, until the hazelnuts are browned.
2. Warm the whole milk, powdered milk, honey and salt in a small saucepan. Cook stirring until it starts to simmer. Remove from heat and let it cool a bit.
3. In a Bain Marie, melt the chocolates until smooth.
4. Once the nuts are roasted, remove them from oven and place them in a clean dish towel. Vigorously rub them with the towel to try and remove the shells as much as possible.
5. In a blender (if possible, a Vitamix), grind the warm hazelnuts until they’re as fine as possible almost to a nut butter consistency.
6. Add the melted chocolate and process again, scraping the container as necessary.
7. Once the mixture is smooth, add the warm milk mixture and process until completely combined. If want to mixture completely smooth, strain it.
9. Transfer the mixture into two jars and refrigerate until ready to use.