1 box of cookie ice cream cones (not cake cones)
1 container of vanilla ice cream (either homemade or store bought)
3.5 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup REFINED coconut oil OR vegetable shortening
Crushed nuts, sprinkles or crushed Oreo cookies
A loaf pan, Scotch Tape and a bag of plain rice
1. Equipment: Take the loaf pan and fill it halfway with rice. Using your Scotch Tape, take one long piece and stick it
in the middle of the longest part of the loaf pan (from edge to edge). Then using smaller pieces, stick them to
intersect with the long piece down the middle. You should have 6-8 squares separated by tape. This will hold your
King Cones as we build and freeze them.
2. MAKE 1/2 THE CHOCOLATE SHELL: Fill a sauce pan 1/2 way up with water and heat until water is simmering. In
a mixing bowl add 1/2 the chocolate and 1/2 the oil/shortening. Place bowl on sauce pan and stir until chocolate STARTS to melt. Remove from heat and keep stirring until chocolate has melted.
3. Take a cookie cone and drizzle some melted chocolate into the cone. Swirl the cone around so the chocolate coats
the entire inside of the cone. Place the cone into your loaf pan grid and repeat with remaining cones.
4. Place loaf pan with cones into freezer for 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile take out ice cream to soften.
6. Remove loaf pan with cones and scoop ice cream into each one. Place loaf pan with cones back in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
7. Make second batch of chocolate shell recipe.
8. Remove loaf pan from freezer. Dip ice cream cones into chocolate shell sauce. Roll cone into your optional topping. Place cone back into your loaf pan grid. Repeat for all cones.
9. Place loaf pan with cones back into freezer for 1 hour.