3 cups water
1 cup sugar
Zest of 2 limes
1 cup lime juice (fresh)
2 pounds fresh strawberries (if frozen, please thaw)
6 tablespoons sugar
1 cup water
Squeeze of lemon juice
2 pounds ripe kiwis
1 and 1/3 cups water
3/4 cup sugar
EQUIPMENT: Small cookie sheets or dish with sides. Fork
1. Place strawberries in a bowl with sugar. Stir, cover and let it sit for 1 hour to make sure strawberries have released
their juice and sugar is pretty much dissolved. Stir a few times while it’s covered.
2. Blend strawberry mixture, water and lemon in a blender.
3. Pour mixture into dish and place into freezer for about 1 hour. Remove from freezer and scrape semi-frozen
mixture with fork. Break up any large pieces of ice.
4. Return to freezer. Check mixture every 30 minutes, scraping it with fork to break up large pieces of ice.
5. Repeat until you have a gorgeous granita ice. Serve in glasses with spoons.
1. Add zest, 1/2 cup water and sugar to a saucepan. Cook stirring often to dissolve sugar completely.
2. Add remaining water. Then let it cool completely.
3. Add lime juice
4. Place in dish and repeat steps above to create granita
1. Peel and chop kiwi.
2. Place kiwi, water and sugar into blender and blend until smooth
3. Pour into dish and repeat steps above to create granita.