1 cup flour (all purpose or Tipo 00)
1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
pinch of salt
1. In a medium bowl add flour and salt.
2. Make a well in the middle of the flour using your fingers and add egg (if adding oil, add now)
3. Using a fork, break up egg and begin beating it slowly incorporating flour until you have shaggy bits of dough.
4. Alternate adding 2 tablespoons of water and kneading the dough until it is one uniform ball.
5. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until the dough's texture is uniform and relatively smooth.
6. Wrap dough in plastic film and let it rest for 20-30 minutes.
To use, unwrap dough and knead on a lightly floured surface for 5 minutes until smooth.