CHOCOLATE CREAM FILLED CUPCAKES
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 2/3 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup Hellmann's®
1 1/3 cups water
1 1/3 cups semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, cut into small pieces
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
FILLING (7 minute frosting from Flag Cake)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup water
2 egg whites
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Place cupcake paper cups int muffin pan. Set aside.
3. In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder; set aside.
4. In large bowl, with electric mixer, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in Hellmann’s at low speed until blended.
Alternately beat in flour mixture with water, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
5. Fill cupcake cups with batter (3/4 full)
6. Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely.
FILLING (7 minute frosting)
1. Place sugar, cream of tartar, salt, water and egg whites in a medium bowl.
2. Beat with a handheld electric mixer for a few minutes.
3. Place bowl on a small saucepan of boiling water beating constantly with the handheld mixer on high speed for 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat, add vanilla and continue to beat with handheld mixer for 2-5 minutes until frosting has cooled down to almost room temperature.
4. Using a pairing knife or the back of a piping tip, hollow out the centers of each cupcake. Keep the cake that comes out. Then cut the cake plug that came out in half. You will need the top of it to cover the filling in each cupcake.
5. Fill a piping bag with the filling and pipe in dollops of filling into each cupcake
6. Place cut tops on each cupcake to cover the filling.
7. Dip tops of cupcakes into ganache. Turn back over and place on cookie sheet to cool.
1. Place chocolate in a bowl
2. Heat heavy cream in a sauce pan until simmering slightly.
3. Turn heat off and pour over chocolate.
4. Let chocolate melt and then stir until cream and chocolate are completely combined.
5. Add butter and stir in until combined.